Good morning, friends!
Welcome to Day 1 of the Psalm23 Mug challenge!
I wanted a way to invite and encourage you to have some deliberate and intimate time with your Shepherd as you begin your morning routine with coffee or tea. Every week, I’ll be sharing ideas and prompts to pray for and meditate on based on Psalm 23.
These will begin on July 17th, 2017 and will be posted for 8 consecutive weeks, but I’ll be sure to leave these up as a reference if anyone would like to join afterwards. Feel free to hop in at any time! I hope and pray this will be a blessing to you as you commit to spending time with the Good Shepherd for at least as long as it takes for you to complete your last sip. 🙂
A psalm of David, a shepherd boy.
“The Lord is my shepherd, I have all that I need.” Psalm 23:1
The work of a shepherd is to meet the needs of his flock.
- He gives them nourishment, by either bringing it to them or by leading them to places where they can easily find it.
- He quenches their thirst by providing a clean water source ready and available at any time they should need it.
- He gives them shelter from rain, wind, and snow.
- He safeguards them from predators, poisonous plants, pitfalls, and situations that could be harmful to them.
- He removes the burden of their fleeces once a year when the heat becomes unbearable. He takes that fleece, washes away all impurities, and makes something beautiful and useful out of it.
- He surrounds them with other sheep who make them feel safe.
- He pays close attention to those who have lambs, making sure they have all they need to nourish and care for their young.
For every sip you take, thank your Shepherd for one way He has provided for you in the ways listed above. Take your time. Savor each thought as you drink, reflecting on the goodness of the One who made you, knows you, loves you, and meets your every need.
- Your physical needs
- Your spiritual needs
- Your emotional needs
- Your relational needs
Then pray for ways that He is looking to use YOU to fulfill other’s needs. Ask that He will fill you up when your cup feels empty so you can give generously to all those He is asking you to.
And as you reach the bottom of your cup, please consider listening to this song. I hope the resonating truths will be with you long after the caffeine’s effects have subsided.
Blessings, sweet friends.
Please post a photo of your mug with #Psalm23mugchallenge (or screen shot and share my image) to encourage others to join us! I’d love to hear your thoughts and reflections from the day’s challenge.