Pocket Pals | "Everyone Belongs" Felt Play Set- Ready to Ship
We are so pleased to share our third collaboration with New York Times bestselling author Heather Avis.
Heather's second children’s book, "Everyone Belongs" is a beautiful rhyming storybook about the power of inclusion and what it looks like when we create space for others, exactly as they are.
We’ve teamed up with Heather to create this exclusive Pocket Pals bundle that includes her book PLUS a 12-piece felt play set for readers to bring the storybook to life.
$5 from each bundle will be donated to the author’s nonprofit, The Lucky Few Foundation. These donations will help to tell the stories of everyday people with Down syndrome and create a more inclusive world.
Embracing the diversity of characters in Everyone Belongs, this set includes seven characters from the cover—six of whom have a disability—and a felt backdrop, all made from 100% New Zealand wool.
The set also includes a wooden wheelchair, ribbons and fairy lights for decorating the trees, as well as a hand-stamped muslin bag for storing the pieces.
All felt pieces are handcrafted by fair trade artisans in Nepal and assembled and packaged with love in our New Jersey studio.
- Felt Characters
- Each Pocket Pal character is approximately 3 inches tall x 1 inch wide
- Hand-felted (may vary slightly in size due to handmade nature)
- Felt Play Mat
- The roll-up play mat doubles as a backdrop that matches the final scene in the book
- The play mat is approximately 11 inches wide, by 15 inches tall (flat)
- Play mat includes a small pocket on the back side, which holds most of the pieces and accessories
- The play mat can be rolled and secured using a felt ball and loop closure
- Each set comes with four ribbons and a string of battery-operated fairy lights that can be wrapped around the felt balls on the trees in order to "decorate" the scene (button battery included, please use caution)
- The miniature wooden wheel chair measures approximately 2.5 inches wide by 3 inches tall and is permanently fixed to the character (Shepp)
- All play set pieces come in a hand-stamped, muslin drawstring bag
©Sheep Farm Felt. All rights reserved.
Founder of The Lucky Few and The Lucky Few Foundation, Heather Avis is an author, Podcaster and Down syndrome advocate, working to create a more inclusive world where everyone belongs. Her previous books (“Different: A Great Thing To Be,” “Scoot Over and Make Some Room,” and “The Lucky Few”) are available wherever books are sold